Puff-puff is a favorite on-the-go Nigerian snack. am a puff puff junkie. it as bad as whenever am walking on the road and the smell of puff puff hits my nose, omo no dulling, I was rushing to buy the puff except on days am fasting tho. I love puff puff the most when it’s hot nd would even take it anytime of the day.
So today’s post is for all my fellow puff puff lovers.
Despite , my indulgence in street made puff puff, I prefer the home made puff puff especially the H.P recipe. Which by the am going to share with yall. So here we go…….
- Flour 2 milk tin cups
- Sugar (recommended 1/4 milk tin or as desired)
- Salt (a pinch of salt)
- Yeast (2teaspoon)
- Flavor (I love cinnamon, it’s a winwin flavor for me. Some use nutmeg tho)
- Egg 1 (optional, love d filling the egg gives the puff puff. But don’t try egg if it’s for commercial purpose oh)
- Groundnut oil
- 1 milk cup of lukewarm water
- Sieve the flour. For all pastry, always sieve your flour to aerate it.
- Add all dry ingredients and mix
- Grate rodo
- Mix the rodo with the eggs in a separate bowl, add half milk cup of water to this mixture, stir well and then add with the dry ingredients.
- Mix well either with your hands or with a ladle.
- Then keep in a cool place to rise.allow to rise for about 30 minutes. if you leave the dough to rise for too long, your puff will soak up so much oil and it will be soggy.
- Use a big bowl so that the dough doesn’t rise out of the bowl.
- Light stove, put groundnut oil in a deep pot, drop a bulb of onion in,allow it to fry
- Test the oil, by dropping a pinch of the dough in the oil
- Scoop some dough in your hand, then put in the oil. Or use a cuplike scooping spoon, I really, don’t like the feel of the pastry in my hands, so I use a scooping spoon
- Don’t over crowd the frying pan. Allow to deep fry and brown… turn from time to time with a small spoon or stick
- Nb:maintain moderate heat while frying…. so waaaalaaa here you have it
Made this for a friend’s owambe party…. ND the review was delightfully yummy. Plus the taste was still fresh by the next day… H.P Snacks=DelightfullyYummy
Do try this recipe out. Longing for your review… Have you subscribed?