So I made Pancakes this evening and thought of sharing the recipe with you. Plus I realised quite a number of folks make a burnt looking something and call it pancake. Really, I don’t mean to be rude but I can’t deal.#notmyrealfaceoh! There is nothing attractive about burnt pancake.
By the way, please still anticipate my post on “comfort in skin” it’s still in the pipeline. Would post once it’s completely fine tuned.
So, how can you make unburnt pancakes! Follow this H.P pancake recipe and you are safe.
3 cups of flour
1/4 cup of sugar
A sachet of powder milk ( you can use evaporated milk)
A pinch of salt
50gms of margarine
Few pieces of rodo (don’t over rodolise your pancake except you like rodo sha)
Spring onions (optional)
Diced meat (optional)
Non stick pot (this is the magic- if you use any pan that is not no-stick, Na burnt offering be that oh)
1. Grate your rodo and carrot. Slice your spring onions.
2. Melt the butter
3. Pour desired quantity of Flour, sugar, rodo, carrot, spring onions in a big bowl.
4. Break the eggs into the same bowl, and add the melted butter.
5. Begin to mix. Add about 1 cup of water. Mix until you have a light and even batter. (Be careful not to make it too running oh, Incase you add too much water, just add some flour to it.)
6. Light your cooker, put the non-stick pot. Once a little hot, apply the cooking spray, then allow to heat up.
7. Scoop some quantity of the pancake batter in. Make sure you don’t put too much.
8. Once, the mixture has been poured, allow to cook, don’t flip it over yet.
9. Once the pancake is ready, it will naturally detach from the non stick pot, then flip it over. Allow to cook a little then remove from fire.
10. Continue process until the batter (mixture) is exhausted
NB: some people use groundnut oil or butter instead of cooking spray. However to use that effectively here’s what to do.
For butter/margarine: melt your butter in a bowl. Get a small brush. Use the brush to apply the butter in the pan, allow to heat alittle then scoop some batter in.
For vegetable oil, use the same method. (But there is nothing to melt in vegetable oil oh. Am just saying)
By the way I enjoyed this particular pancake because I garnished it with ileya meat. I diced the meat in bits.That’s the small small pieces you can see. (Thanks to my dear Muslim friends that brought ileya meat for me oh. Those of you yet to bring my ileya meat. It’s not too late. Happy Eid Mubarak. Emi a se opo odun.
So, how do you make your pancake?
Nd by the way, try out this pancake recipe, I can’t wait to hear your feedback.
Incase you missed my H.P efo Riro recipe check it out here https://hephzybee.com/2017/08/10/efo-riro-of-life/ and for my H.P puff-puff recipe check it out here https://hephzybee.com/2017/08/02/h-p-puff-puff-recipe/
Thanks tribe, can’t wait to hear from you in the comments section…..
Live life fabulously inspired